Sonntag, 3. April 2016

"F*** hair! Doesn´t help you anyway!"

I have seen and heard a lot of different reactions to the fact that I´m losing my hair but none was ever more true (of course this comes from a guy, no girl would eeeever say something like that ;)). I have cancer for chrissakes what do I care about my hair?

Still, it was a memorable moment when I woke up at 5 am Easter Monday and went through my hair and had the first strands of it in my hands. Optimistic as I was I made an appointment with my hairstylist on Saturday, thinking it would at least take a week for all of this beautiful hair to fall off. But once it started it went very quick. Within two days there only was a pathetic rest left (if you want a picture- think Gollum who fell in an unicorn colored paint pot), so I went to Jenny again and let her finish what she so gloriously started barely a week ago.

That´s all that is - a 1.5 litres Ikea ZipBloc!
One thing you learn fast is that there are always two sides to everything. That´s at least what all the "keep your hopes up" postcards say. ;) So, here are my two sides to losing your hair:

Fun things about losing your hair
  • get to wear funny wigs and cool bandanas
  • no more shaving legs (or anything else for that matter ;))
  • no more bad hair days
  • smile at people staring, making them feel uncomfortable (that is probably something only I enjoy ;) It´s also funny to go to the smoker´s area and cough very pathetically!)
  • way more space in bathroom with all the hair care products gone (who ever knew I had so much!? o0)
  • all the money I´ll save from not having to go to hair stylist (I have like a thousand other investment ideas for that :))
  • get to do THIS when going to metal party:
It also said "Never regret never surrender" on the front :)

Not so fun things about losing your hair
Remind me to never grow a beard! ;)
  • it´s freezing! (have to wear night cap o0)
  • headbanging without hair SUCKS!
  • need to train a new nervous tick (until now I was putting my hair behind my ears- now I´m instead touching my eyebrows looking like a dork)
  • need to buy new earrings, most of my old ones make me look like a drag queen without a wig (I knooow that´s really hard ;))
  • need monthly contact lenses, with glasses I look like Walter White
  • did I mention it´s f***ing freezing??


And let´s be honest- who wouldn´t want to know how he looks like with a bald head? So, this is me now for everyone who hasn´t seen it yet.

Yep, that´s bald. Deal withit.
And yes, I also have a wig but I somehow don´t feel like wearing it already (you will get picures of it don´t worry ;)). I would feel like hiding something and I sure as hell don´t have to hide anything. So go on and stare if you want to, I will keep smiling back! :)


P.S.: I want to take this blog to thank my best friend Gathi who was there at 5 am when it all started (magically awake, mind connection?), went with me to pick out my wig (can always count on your honest and sometimes cruel advice! ;)) and very patiently painted that awesome skull onto my not-yet-totally-bald-and-therefore-annoying-to-paint head :) I think it took longer to paint it than we were actually on the metal party! XD
    
















2 Kommentare:

  1. Even if it not about the uninvited crab (cancer) - maybe more of us than me, would like to see one post of what you are doing when you're not fighting cancer.
    I'm curious about your field and subject of work?, research?, study?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This was really funny:
    " ... It´s also funny to go to the smoker´s area and cough very pathetically!"
    ;-D

    AntwortenLöschen