Samstag, 21. Mai 2016

Honey, I shrunk the cancer


Today I had the appointment in hospital to get my MRT results. To quote my doc (who is seriously a ray of sunshine and always full of optimism. Not. He´s also having all of our talks on palliative station like I should start feeling comfortable there. Weeeird.):

"Everything´s looking just like we expected."

Wow, that is great! ... Erm, what exactly did we expect? Apparently still no superpowers (boo!) but just that my spleen and my lymph nodes are smaller (yay, but like I didn´t know that already, duuuuhh). So the chemo I got until now did exactly what it was supposed to do- good job CHOEP, attaboy! However, it´s not exactly partial remission nor complete remission it´s just... something like remission.


So that was "restaging". Alrighty, that was pleasantly unspectacular! Let´s just move on to DHAP, starting next Tuesday. If I get a bed in hospital, that is. Which I will only know Tuesday morning. Aww yeah, that´s how we roll here at the clinic. Take it easy, just go with the flow. It´s a 24 hour chemo which we all know I will need since mid-March- but jeez who needs to plan such things?? That´s like WORK! Chillax, there´s always room on the corridors! ;)

Just add Willie my SpaceStation to that picture and I guess we´re preeetty close to my hospital stay next week!



2 Kommentare: