Freitag, 8. Juli 2016

Day -1: Biding my time



Since today nothing interesting happened (cancer related, not soccer… -.-) I´d like to give you an insight on my daily life here in isolation.

6:30am: Wakey-wakey for temperature, blood pressure, blood samples and first infusions.

7:00 til 8:00am: Getting dressed and washed and make the bed (yes, all by myself, it´s considered “physical exertion” to make you keep moving and give you purpose. And probably because I cost way less than a nurse to do that ;)).

8:00am: Breakfast- Brötchen, one slice cheese and ham and jam.  And don´t forget the mouth hygiene after every meal. Aww yeah, it´s Pürierte Holländer time!

Four times a day he´s here to haunt me!
 9:00am: Rounds- usually just Dr Müller and some unmotivated student who won´t stop playing with his mobile phone. The last days it was down to this conversation: “How do you feel today?”- “Alright so far.” – “That´s great. Keep going.” Alrighty, ba-bye.

9:30 til 11am: Usually watching one episode of Lost before getting too tired and take a nap. Then some Dutch lessons on my phone (I use duolingo, a very nice app with an owl as teacher. It´s creepy how this owl seems to know things… Today between all those standard sentences like “I travel to America” or “I´m a banana” there suddenly was this: “Tomorrow I start a new life”. Is it just me or does this also give you the shivers?).
11:00 til 12:00am: Physiotherapy like light stretching, ergometer or yoga.

12:00am: Lunch- germ-free of course. Gotta admit it´s getting harder to motivate myself to eat the slob, especially since my spleen seems to get bigger every day pushing my stomach away.

1:00 til 5:00pm: Visiting hours until dinner. Watching movies, playing a lot of Kniffel, sucking hard at Kniffel, talking.

5:30pm: Dinner- two slices of bread with either cheese or ham.

Til 8:00pm: Official visiting hours. 

After 8:00pm: Watching movies, chatting through WhatsApp, writing Blog.

2:00am: Usual bed time. Waking up every two hours for pee breaks. ;)

Yep, that´s basically it and will be for the next weeks. :) It´s like the worst holiday you could´ve booked but thanks to the nice staff here I guess it could be worse.
 
I don´t know what will happen the next days after transplant or how bad it will get so I can´t tell you whether and when you can come visit. I will keep you posted and start issuing a table to organize the many visits once I´m fit enough. ;)

P.S.: Today I will finish with the wise and all-knowing Duo: "Morgen begin ik een nieuw leven". Cause I heard there´s a birthday coming up! ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen