Sonntag, 8. Januar 2017

It´s already been three months...?


I just had my second remission control and so far things are looking good. The therapy to get there was tough shit andmy body is far from being back to 100%.

Then WHAT?!?! Jeez, finish that sentence, will you??
My lung function is not good, my immune system hasn´t caught on yet (which means all of the vaccines I´m taking care of getting could be for nothing), I still have neuropathy and hence drop shit, have shaky hands and bad balance, slow lil bastards thrombocytes are still lagging behind and don´t even get me started on chemo brain. My spleen is still too big (but surely no sign of a recurrence. Suuuurely!) which sometimes still leaves me feeling sick and like throwing up. I have a small knot on my thyroid (still, surely no sign of any cancerous action. Suuuurely!) and fatigue still strikes sometimes.
However, I´m proud to announce that I´m not taking any more painkillers right now though I still have pain in my leg from the shingles. But the perception of pain is relative now, isn´t it? ;)


I´m actually feeling better than my medical record is telling I should. Which makes it twice as hard to acknowledge days I feel bad and take it slow. I need to remind myself that I´m still not a healthy person, even though I don´t have any signs of cancer right now. I will still have to go to remission control every three months but I´m very sure that I would be the first to know if my demon was back and I don´t need a MRT or CT to tell me that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen