Mittwoch, 13. April 2016

A Metal Heart is hard to tear apart

The one thing that can make all the difference between defeating the unwanted demon inside you called cancer and losing to him is attitude. Being the stubborn mule that I am, attitude has never been a big problem (well, some may say it has but in a different way ;)). Facing however my third cycle of CHOEP in less than four hours (sleep is totally overrated!), with the side effects piling up faster than Mountain Med and knowing that this is just the "easy" beginning of the treatment, there are of course times even my attitude wavers.

Some people might turn to a psycho oncologist for help (yes, that´s an actual profession. The one in hospital was telling me about a movie about a woman with cancer, a true story, and this movie was soooo sad...and exactly then she noticed "maybe you shouldn´t watch it right now...". Ya think?) or meditate or maybe binge-eat chocolate. For me the one thing I turn to for boosting my spirit is music. Which in my case, thank satan, is power metal.
In power metal songs it´s all about winning epic battles, fighting glorious until the last breath or being a warrior made of steel on a noble quest- as example for all you non-metal heads out there a few song titles from my current playlist: "Last before the Storm", "Resist and Bite", "Last Man Standing" or "Fury of the Storm". These songs ooze epicness and attitude! :)

There´s one song in particular I have been listening to a lot cause it really speaks to me and tonight I would like to share it with you. It´s "Neuer Wind" from Van Canto and it´s in German, sorry for the handful readers who don´t speak German. ;)

Es sind jetzt mehr als tausend Tage seit du aufgebrochen bist,
und noch mehr als hundert Stunden bis der Schlaf dir sicher ist.
Egal wie sehr du hadern magst mit diesem Jetzt und Hier,
die Antwort, die du suchst, liegt noch vor dir. 

Geh diesen Weg, dreh nicht wieder um, 
geh ihn bis zum Schluss, 
ein Weg, der gegangen werden muss.
Es ist nicht mehr weit, geh noch dieses Stück,
und lass dich bitte nicht zurück.

Bei Sturmgewalt und Regen,
Lauf auf neuen Wegen.
Kopf hoch- Neuer Wind kommt von vorn.

Stemm dich fest dagegen,
Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verlor´n.
Neuer Wind kommt stets von vorn.

Egal wie kalt die Nächte sind, du bist nicht allein.
Hier sammeln sich alle Mächte, lass es deine sein.
Und wenn du auch an Kraft verlierst, verzweifle daran nicht,
denn sicher ist, du hast immer noch dich.

Bei Sturmgewalt und Regen,
Lauf auf neuen Wegen.
Kopf hoch- Neuer Wind kommt von vorn.

Stemm dich fest dagegen,
Morgen wirst du neu gebor´n.
Neuer Wind kommt stets von vorn.

There´s one thing you will never hear in a power metal song or from me-  and that´s "giving up". I´m way too stubborn to give in to anything and hell to the no will I give in to my c-demon (he´s in for some trouble cause I´m the bigger bitch). As long as I can raise my hand to a Pommesgabel I will keep on fighting! \m/ :)

She´s fucking 100 years old! Rock on, gurrrl!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen