Sonntag, 10. April 2016

Attack of the Vampire-Zombie-Koalas of Doom... from Hell?

For all of you who haven´t been to Australia and are therefore no walking-talking random facts database about Koalas (and Wombats like meee) lemme tell you one thing about those cutesy-wootsy, cuddly, chlamydia-infected teddy bears: they sleep 20 hours a day, eat a little bit and go back to sleep. That´s basically all they do. And that´s basically all I did, too, for the past days. Couldn´t move, couldn´t hold my eyes open. But a week of sleeping would hardly qualify to write a blog about, wouldn´t it? :)



Pure, fresh thrombocytes for breakfast and the dreaded Neulasta shot
The last time I felt so weak I got my first blood transfusion so I schlepped myself to my doctor for a checkup. Good news is- my hemoglobin is as good as it gets somewhere around 9 to 10 (still anemic but best value since weeks, yay!). Not so good news- the other zytes are like zero. This means no more contact to larger groups of people because of the infection risk (that just fits my misanthropic nature) and no more cutting my fingers cause I wouldn´t stop bleeding (did I ever tell you that they took away the scissors from me in kindergarden because I was so clumsy? Yeah, and now I have trembling hands I can´t control. Grrreeat combination! :)). My thrombocytes dropped so low by the end of the week that the docs decided to gimme some extra via transfusion.What can I say, I just need my regular blood to keep looking so young and healthy.
As for the leukocytes- thank goodness my Mom has absolutely no reservations against bringing pain upon her own children so I didn´t have to give me the Neulasta shot myself (she´s also a trained doctor´s assisstant :)). I´m really a big baby when it comes to hurting myself, but then again who isn´t? ;)

This one´s only funny for so long until you notice you´re the child
The other thing I would like to tell you about is what I call "chemo brain" (I didn´t know that this was an actual medical term. You can look it up on Wikipedia, it has a real fancy-schmancy name!). Some of you may already have noticed that my messages are sometimes confusing to downright stupid. The reason for this is that I´m confused to downright stupid most of the time. Yes, my brain is turning into vegetables. I´m getting very slow at understanding things or keeping track of my thoughts. Unfortunately that can´t be fixed by giving me like additional brains. Come to think of it, hmmmm braaainssss.....




So please be patient, you´re talking to broccoli brains from now on. Hmmmmm, broccoli braaaainsss.

P.S.: My new prices I won in Bullshit Bingo: my wisdom tooth decided to come out and annoy me (we can´t it take out though because of my horrible blood values) aaand I caught a yeast infection. Been taking painkillers for four days straight now. Worked well until the blood building began. Awww, Anja, you just can´t get enough now, can you?  Should stop yelling "here me" when they hand out the... not so nice things. :)
P.P.S.: And the transfusion helped since I´m apparently back to sleeplessness or I wouldn´t be blogging so much ;)

1 Kommentar:

  1. "so I schlepped myself to my doctor for a checkup" - is this a result of your broccoli brain? ;)

    AntwortenLöschen