Freitag, 8. April 2016

Second round of chemo or Playing Skat with Vikings


Yay 50% of CHOEP are officially over! Instead of growing bodyparts or gaining superpowers I´ve lost my hair. Not unexpected but I would´ve preferred X-Ray vision or something like that. Or some wings maybe? :) Since getting toxic chemicals dribbled into your body is nothing spectacular to write about (or to experience to be honest, those are just plain boring 5 hours! ;)) I want to write about my new second home- my oncology doctor´s office!

My new doctor is not just simply a medical doctor nooohooo, paaaleeease! That would be way too ordinary for me. He´s a *drumroll* Professor! Unfortunately he´s still just a medical Professor and nothing like Professor Dumbledore so he cannot just "Evanesco" my cancer. Booh. Even though he seems to have no magical powers he´s still very nice. Especially since he gave me way more freedom than the doctors from the hospital (alcohol and sushi!! Wohooo! :)). And he´s also a fan of Bayern Munich. Ahh, perfect match. :)

Since most of you have like jobs and I dunno a life ?, you will probably never sit with me through a chemo session. Aww, you don´t know what you´re missing out on, fun and games all around! But for you to still get an impression, here are some pictures.

If only these chairs had a massage function!

Five hours is more than enough time to teach those savages from Norway the highly sophisticated German card game Skat. And to take a nap. Learning Skat is exhausting. What exactly were you there for? Entertaining me maybe? Sleepyhead!

2.5 litres of liquid on day one, all through my port- that´s a lot of pee breaks :)
Yeah, ok, it´s just as boring as it sounds. Luckily, on day two and three I only get two infusions which take about 2 hours to dribble painfully slow into my body. Sooo, round three is approaching, any volunteers for this exciting and awesome event? Anyone? You get to drink apple juice for free! Huh? No? We can play cards! :)


P.S.: We actually tried to make the Vincristin glow with an UV lamp. Didn´t work. Damn you, science, you failed me! But I´m not giving up that easily. Maybe it was too light. Or too diluted. My experiments continue!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen