Sonntag, 1. Mai 2016

Taking a break, drinking Muschinski


So I had to take a break. The last round of CHOEP has been postponed to Tuesday because of my thrombocytes. Meh. *KitKat munching* BUT after whining and complaining about this for two days straight I actually got to see the good side to this. I completely forgot that I could feel like a normal person, without constant pain or nausea who just wants to sleep all day!

I mean sure, I´m still anemic and stairs are my mortal enemy and my spleen is annoying me as often as he gets the chance and I tire quite fast. Oh, and all that sweating! But this didn´t keep me from going to work on Friday (of course not working I´m not allowed to do that. I just wanted to drop off the cupcakes I made the day before. ;)), followed by a nice dinner with my colleagues and a fun evening with my friends in the pub (drinking Jameson and Ginger Ale, we dubbed it "Muschinski". And nooo, our humor is not infantile. Well, no more than it was with 15... ;)). And today I´ve been shopping (aww, how I´ve missed the terror in the eyes of my husband when I return!) and visited some friends. That´s more action than the last two weeks combined and I knoooow I will pay for it tomorrow (I can already feel my feet hurt and throb) but I also haven´t felt that good in the past weeks! I will also take the great opportunity to finally visit my sweet little nieces again cause my leukos are up. Who knows when I will be good enough again to see small children?

That´s how I imagine my demon. A complete jerk.
While focussing on fighting cancer and bitching about the one week I lost, I kinda forgot that I needed to live a little also. In the beginning I always said I didn´t want the cancer to control my life, it was still my life and I had the control over it. Well that was a bit naive cause there are things that come with cancer you just can´t control. And you have to admit to yourself that you´re sick and your body just doesn´t work like before. And sometimes needs a break (yeeeeah, I finally got that into my thick head also). It seems I´m still trying to find a way to live and fight with my demon at once without neglecting one or the other.

 But you also sometimes have to get your ass out of Whiney Town even though it´s exhausting. And for that I may need a ride from you cause my car´s almost broken down. It makes strange sounds and I´m afraid the tires are flat. So pick me up, will you?

P.S.: I´ve been looking for fun wigs and bandanas for my bald head, cause that´s one of the good sides of being bald. :) Not all have been delivered yet and I´m pretty sure I will buy some more (oh my poor husband ;)) but here goes what I have so far:

Okay, I also have a real hair wig (that was quiiite expensive) but I just can´t get myself to wearing it. Please stop asking why I´m not wearing it cause that just makes me feel bad for various reasons.

P.P.S.: As you can see, I just discovered Meme Generator for myself and it´s aaaawesome! XD




2 Kommentare:

  1. Nice to see (some kind of?) fast progression when having some "overtime" on the pause from next treatment.
    :-)

    AntwortenLöschen