Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016

Day +5: I´m puking on sunshine



After spending a mostly sleepless but pain filled night I decided that I didn´t want to suffer any more than necessary. So I asked this morning for the morphine based painkiller- and oh my, this is really strong shit. It´s so strong that it actually has to run for 20 hours in very low doses so my body can slowly adapt to it. Good thing- my pain is basically gone and I can´t deny to feel a slight mood elevating effect. :) Not so good thing- it makes me puke. So today was the first day ever of my treatment that I actually threw up. And not only once but regularly distributed over the day. So all the food that I could eat today because of the lack of pain I threw back up again because of the painkiller. Ahh, irony of life!


My blood values also dropped below the magical drop today so I additionally received a bag of erythrocytes and thrombocytes each. So today was a very busy day for my port with all the different meds and transfusions.
Sooo many different IV lines
P.S.: I also learned today that I could drink high-energy drinks to cover my daily calorie need. Which sounds basically like a good plan. To drink two of those right after another however is a not so good plan. So after throwing up again the nurse asked me how old I was to think that that would work. Well, I guess the more appropriate question would have been how stupid I am… (The answer´s “a lot” btw ;))
Whyyyy does everything have to taste like oranges???

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen