Dienstag, 12. Juli 2016

Day +4: Brei



Brei… in every taste there is- chocolate, peach, gulasch. Yam. Cause yesterday Melphalan eventually striked and I can´t chew or swallow without great pain. And also barely talk but I guess that is not considered as too bad. ;) My tongue and my throat are swollen and painful making every spoonful of Brei a small victory. And it´s important to me to have those victories because I really don´t want to be force-fed (there goes the small rest of your dignity!). So I keep slurping painfully slow all those great meals Hipp and Alete have thought of. And keeping in mind that if everything´s getting too hard I still can cry for Morphine. Aw yeah, we´re finally down to the good stuff, no more Ibu 400 for me! ;)

Tonight I also (finally?) got a fever they´ve been waiting for. So since today I´m also on antibiotics and everyone´s kinda relieved that I finally show some signs of normal transplant behavior. ;) I also received another shot of Neulasta to get the leukocyte production up and running. It´s just a matter of time now...

That picture in your head when they tell you you have a fever. Including that awkward smile and winking to the doc. :)
P.S.: Oh well, I jinxed it. Just as I was done writing a nurse came in with a bag full of "liquid schnitzel" as she called it. So for the next sixteen hours I will be force-fed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen