Sonntag, 20. März 2016

First round of chemo or "I have to pee!"


Today I´ve finished my first round of chemo. No additional body parts have grown, no obvious superpowers so far. Disappointing. But let´s start at the beginning, shall we?

For all of you who don´t know jack about chemo, here´s a short tutorial of my first stage :)

The almighty Lymphoma Board
Generally speaking, my cancer is a quite rare form of Lymphoma. Y´all know I´m way too special to take your everyday Lymphoma. That´s why only treatments are available which are still called "studies". Assuring, isn´t it? :) Anyhoo, the almighty Lymphoma Board (and yes, when I think of them I see a picture of the Jedi Council) decided to treat me following study "DSHNHL 2006-1A (AATT)". Say WHAT?

This means I will get four rounds of CHOEP. That´s just the intial letters of my chemo meds in a fun sounding way. The first round I got the past days in hospital and finished today by just taking Cortison. These cycles I will repeat three times in the next approximately 40 days. Luckily not in hospital but at a doctor´s in the city. Yay!

One of the meds is a beautiful devilish red and has fluorescent properties. Hell yeah, I will take a UV lamp to my next treatment and make that bitch glow! XD Science, bitches!
The side effects of chemo have been alright so far. Thanks to strong antiemetics I didn´t have to throw up though feeling veeeery much like it. Been tired a lot. Including sudden coma like states o0 But you know me, I just love to sleep so keep the excuses coming :)
Had also strong headaches, but nothing that couldn´t be made better by taking moar pills. After that I had a... well.. drunken episode. That was actually funny. I hope this one becomes a regular thing! ;)

Since dead tumor cells are passed through the kidneys I have to drink a lot. In hospital they additionally gave me NaCl solution infusions. They called it "Bewässern". Like a plant. So, my new favorite hobby is peeing. All day long. And always waving the little bastards goodbye before flushing! ;)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen